powered by blogger

20.5.08

Amazing Race Boracay Part II:

"You may not be allowed to drive while you're drunk but you can still attempt to rescue people trapped under tents and shoot some hoops."

It was around 10:00pm on our last night in Bora. Melay, Muffee, and I were really drunk because we had been drinking since the start of happy hour. I think each of us had had a quarter of a case of beer. When friends who had opted to rest instead of getting drunk after island hopping finally decided to join us, we thought that a quick dip in the water might sober us up a bit.

We sat where the water was shallow(i think the water would barely reach our ankles if we stood up), because we were 'happy drunk" not "suicidal drunk", and just let the waves roll over us while we talked. A few minutes later, there was this unusually strong gust of wind that caused these three huge tents on the beach to blow over (one after the other). When we saw that, I think it was Muffee who said, "May tao kaya dun? Tulungan natin." so we stood up and sprinted to where the tents had fallen. By the time we reached the tents, I was so dizzy that all I can see were these gray blobs which I'm assuming were people trying to put the tents back up. I just heard Melay say that there were no people trapped under the tents so we headed back into the water.

When we got back to our friends, happy hour was over but we still had enough energy so we left the bar and went to play basketball where I saw the funniest free-throw shooting I've ever seen. After basketball, the grandmas went to bed while Melay and I looked for a place where we could eat and have coffee.

posted by jeanne @ 05:16

0 Comments:

> Post a Comment

<< Home