powered by blogger

20.5.08

Amazing Race Boracay Part VI: "One last trip into trollville and then we're outta here!"

After we got the money we went back to the ticketing office to find troll #1 back at his desk. Here we go again...

He pulls up my itinerary and I could feel his despair when he saw that the return flight had already been deleted which meant he couldn't do the exact same process the other agent [who knew what he was doing] did. I actually had to tell him that all he needed to do was add the new flights.

Troll #1: "Ano ho ulet yung booking class niyo?"

Me: "Booking classes for the return flights are on page 2 of the printout from your website..."

I pray to God that the reason he kept looking for it on the first page was because he didn't hear me....

Me: "Page 2. You have to turn the page in order to get to page 2."

Troll #1: "ayun. S class."

In my head: "Jesus, Mary, & Joseph... unang ticket palang ito!"

Anyway, after doing the exact same thing for joie's and millette's tickets and after deciding to just rebook melay's and karen's because they couldn't process their exchange and it would end up cheaper anyway, the ordeal was finally over. We rented a van to take us to Kalibo where we spent the night at this resort/hotel to wait for our flight the next day.

If this was the real amazing race, we would've been eliminated. Not just eliminated, we would've been one of those teams that were so far behind that they wouldn't even wait for us to finish the leg at all. But I am (I think we all are) incredibly proud to say that we didn't fight with each other throughout the whole thing. I'm always disgusted whenever I see friends start yelling at each other just because they're put in a high-stress situation. I know this wasn't a race for a million bucks or anything like that but still... people have ended up ruining friendships over much less. It's monumentally cool that the complications that we had to iron out didn't ruin our vacation. It just enabled us to have more fun. :p

posted by jeanne @ 06:02

0 Comments:

> Post a Comment

<< Home